10 Secrets to Creating Your Perfect Vision Board
- You want to create a great new year correct?
- You want it to be the best year ever, right?
A vision board has become quite popular over the years. I did my first one in 1995 and have done one almost every year since. They are designed to help you bring forth that which you desire, from love, money, family, health, travel and so much more. As a Life and Business Coach, I have facilitated several Vision Board events with great success and fun. However, without knowing what to do, some people become frustrated and disillusioned about the magic of the vision board. I want to help you before that occurs. Even if you are a seasoned Vision Boarder, I am sure you will find some valuable tools below as I share my top 10 secrets to creating YOUR Perfect Vision Board. PLUS I’m including some bonus material below to help as well.
Please be kind enough to comment, ‘like’ and even sign up for this blog. Thank you.
Don’t forget sign up for my FREE copy of
- CREATE THE PERFECT SPACE – This is where knowing yourself really matters. Do you like to create alone, with music and candles or at a Vision Board class with a group dynamic? Do you like to go to the library or the beach or your bedroom? Do you want to meditate first or proceed with reckless abandon? The only ‘wrong’ way to do a vision board is the way that doesn’t feel right for you. So don’t be persuaded to go somewhere or do something you don’t feel right about.
- BE PREPARED – Items needed for a vision board vary depending on your board size, creative ability and content. A few items I make sure to have are the actual board, glue-stick, computer and printer (see below), magazines, scissors, markers. I even create a music playlist of my favorite empowerment songs to play while creating. Also, have a comfy place to work, table, chair, pillow and floor. I have even worked off an easel, the wall and a sliding glass window before.
- SIZE MATTERS – Choose the size board that you know you will look at, display or relate to. Bigger isn’t always better. Choose a board that appeals to YOU. I choose a white board sometimes 12×14 and other times the huge boards. You can choose to do your vision board on wood, a treasure chest or any other object if that serves you as well.
- WHAT DO YOU REALLY WANT? – A vision board is a very personal experience. It’s all about YOU! Many people plan their boards based on a few things that really don’t serve them. What they THINK they want, what others want for them or what they didn’t complete last year and want to compensate for it. The truth is, if you create a board on what you TRULY want, you will love your board more. I have made boards before that I never looked at again because they were filled with obligations, not visions.
- WHEN YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT – You would not be the first person who doesn’t know what they want. That doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy and benefit from doing a vision board. I personally like doing a board from feelings instead of ‘things’. And to be very honest with you, it works better for me. You see, most of us say we want a ‘thing’ because of the way we believe we will feel when we get it. Even if you don’t know what ‘thing’ you want, you always know how you want to feel. It’s easier then choosing a ‘thing’. So if you want ease, confidence, feeling of accomplishment, joy, love, fun and empowerment – then you can create a board with those in mind. You can use the words or a photo that depicts the word. So you can Google the word empowerment and then select ‘images’ and you will see plenty of nice ways to show empowerment in both words and photos – or you can create your own. It’s fun!
- PLAN YOUR VISION – On a separate piece of paper start making a list of what you want on your board. That includes the vision, the images, words or ‘pretty trimmings’. The more planning you put into it the better flow you will have. I don’t always do this but it helps. I typically just place items and then there are those times I wish I had thought it out better.
- COLLECT IMAGES OFF THE WEB – Magazine clippings are what most people use to create their vision board. It’s fun and yet it isn’t always effective. We tend to use what we find on impulse instead of placing images of what we truly want. Search images on the web, print and cut them out at whatever size works for you. It’s much more effective. If you want a red Ferrari, you don’t have to look through your Good Housekeeping magazine to find it. Just find the one you want and voila!
- BAGUA MAP – You can place your visions anywhere on your board, however some like to compartmentalized their boards according to the Bagua Map where you divide your board into sections. Do what feels right. This is just another way.
- PHOTOGRAPH YOUR BOARD – After you are complete, take a photo of your board and use it as a screen saver for your phone or desktop. You can also view it often if it’s in your phone’s photo section.
- NOW WHAT? – You create this incredible board and you love it. You feel you have created a masterpiece. What now?a.
a. Do you show it to others or keep it a secret? Well, I would say it’s a good practice to show it to people who will support you in your vision and not those who will criticize it. You know the difference so be mindful.
b. What if I change what I want? – It’s important to remove or cover up that which you don’t want if you are looking at your board every day. Because it will not appeal to you and you may ignore the rest of the board. Try to replace the item you don’t want or cover it up with something pleasant.
c. What if I get something that I want? Let’s hope there are loads of these. You can do couple of things. You can take the item off the board and place it in a ‘GOT IT’ folder or circle it on the board to acknowledge that you manifested it and celebrate it. The idea is to see what feels right for you. You can even place a new vision over it.
d. Do I display it or put it away? – This is a very personal decision as well. So display there’s proudly and believe by looking at it daily, touching it and reconnecting with it will make the difference in the manifestation of it. Others on the other hand do the complete opposite. They trust that they have told the universe what they want and trust that all will unfold it the right time. I for one have had more success from a hidden vision board then a displayed one. But that doesn’t mean anything.
11. BONUS #1 DIGITAL/VIRTUAL VISION BOARD – If you are a bit savvy with your computer, you may want to create a digital/virtual vision board. I have done this many times and loved it. I choose my items, add text to them (what they are, when I want them by) and put them all in one folder in my pictures file and create a slide show. Then I choose my screen saver to come on with that slide show and while I am on hold or busy doing something else, my visions are flashing before my eyes! I also take the photos out of the slide show when I receive that item and place it in a new ‘Got It’ folder. Because you will not want to look at things all day long that you no longer want or have received.
12. BONUS #2 – COMPLETING 2015 / CREATING 2016 – Every year I offer a workshop to my clients and women’s group. It begins with a worksheet to complete the previous year and create the New Year. If you would like a copy of these two powerful and helpful forms to help you get very clear, click here to get your copy. You will be amazed at how much you create your future by what you didn’t complete in your past. Let’s stop doing that and create from absolutely NOTHING – OK?
ESSENTIAL OILS AND YOUR VISION BOARD
You may have noticed the 10 oils listed on my poster for creating a perfect vision board. As a business coach, a Young Living Essential Oil distributor and a user of the oils for over 20 years, I want to make sure you know that these oils have helped many and if you want to implement them into your vision board, please contact me to order them or go to my website: franasaro.com.
- Highest Potential
- Into the Future
- Live with Passion
- Magnify your Purpose
- Dream Catcher