Posted in empowerment, marketing, Organization, Thrive, Transition, visionary, tagged baby boom, business, Coach, dinosaur, dynamo, entrepreneur, Fran Asaro, law of attraction, management, marketing, retire, stuck, thrive, thriving, transition on September 29, 2016|
Leave a Comment »
Are you a dinosaur?
A dinosaur is a term used for those who are behind the times in technology and business. Maybe there was a time when you were ON YOUR GAME and well paid for it. Or maybe there was a time you were a whiz at something but that something has become ‘nothing’ and you don’t know what the NEW thing is all about. What happened? Well, life happens, and just like when you purchase electronics and they become outdated the moment you walk out the door with them, the same goes for any of us who may have ‘left’ our industry. Did we become extinct?
Well, what happened is that things really changed and all of a sudden you don’t know how to use Microsoft office anymore and what the heck happened to just mailing out your marketing pieces? When did life start going so fast and how did I miss it?
Whether you stepped out to be a stay at home parent, decided to do something different or maybe you just re-entered the work world after a long time away for personal reasons, things change and if you didn’t stay on top of them, I’m sorry to say, you are now considered a dinosaur.
So what do you do? Do you have to go back to school? Start all over? Give up? They are all options of course, but as a life and business coach who works with many baby boomers who are starting over for many reasons including transitioning from corporate America to Entrepreneurship or living out a life’s passion to make a difference in the world, I know only too well how challenging it can be to delve into the world of the new and different.
While I always encourage my clients to get educated in some way about what’s new in business, I want to speak to those who are repulsed by the thought of learning something they don’t care about or can’t comprehend.
I’m here to tell you that being successful even though you are a dinosaur is very doable. Many people are doing it right now. You may not even recognize a fellow dinosaur because they are implementing some of the following tips and to be honest, they look like they know what they are doing!
Take a look below and before you throw in the towel on your vision, give your new adventure another try. Even if the items below still scare the daylights out of you, keep reading and do those things that you are willing. Who knows, the rest may fall into place. Dinosaurs typically move slowly…. But they move just the same.
Here are my top 7 Tips to go from Dinosaur to Dynamo. You can do this!!!
- List of your strengths and weaknesses – Right now you may feel like a dinosaur in ALL areas of business. Chances are you are only falling short in a few. Make a list of those things you feel confident in. Then make a list of the areas where you need support or training. Now that you have more clarity, you will be able to fill in the gaps more easily. Example: You many be excellent in your trade or with Networking but you are computer challenged and don’t even know what Social Media is and why it’s important.
- Subscribe to your industry related magazine – Most industries have a magazine that will keep you up to date on the changes being made and how to keep up. Find yours and read it religiously. Even if the wording is foreign, absorb what you can. Read the rest of these tips to help with the vague areas.
- Research industry related software programs – I have had 3 separate industry related software programs in my career and I will tell you that it was a life saver and a business creator. When you invest in a program specifically for your business, the creators of the software KNOW your world and usually provide what you need to look like a pro instantly. These features often include a contact management system, a ready built website, a blog, a predesigned autoresponder program, invoicing and so much more. They often offer a free trial for 30 days. Try it by adding a few sample clients to it and test it out. Warning, once again, if you are a true dinosaur, this will be very confronting – your job is NOT to learn it completely, but to know your options for future action.
- Seek out Freelancers – If you are really great at what you do and yet you aren’t great with marketing or social media, I hope you realize that your talents mean something. I always say, ‘you don’t have to do everything; you just need to get it done’. Learn who is out there serving people just like you – those who need help in marketing and technology. There are many sites where you can hire a freelancer, two of my favorites are fiverr.com (where most items are only $5) and Upwork.com (where you can hire a professional from all over the world at very affordable prices) You are NOT alone as a dinosaur and there are people who cater to you… REALLY
- Build your Team – Invest in outsourcing – You may be thinking, “I don’t have the funds to build a team”. I certainly understand that. I too have been in that predicament. I have been known to hire someone for just 2 hours a week until I could do more. Most of my trial people moved on to full time employees or outsourced professionals. Once you choose your team of desired business vendors, start outsourcing slowly. Choose a budget and find the largest need. Start with one freelancer at first and build as you get steadier.
- Join an existing team – As a former Realtor, I am often approached to coach new Realtors. Many of them are full-fledged self-starters and I am able to help them be autonomous in the business. However, there are those who are neither able to nor interested in doing all the facets of their industry. Or maybe they are not willing to put in all the hours that are necessary to build themselves. To those people I suggest they join a team of people who strategically work together where each provides a piece of the business puzzle. One may get leads, one may do leg work or review contracts and others may do administrative work. If you don’t want to build your own team, then join one. If you are a coach, join a coaching group. Chances are there is a co-op or group in your industry either locally or on-line.
- Hire a Coach – Speaking of Coach – Hiring a coach who can help you with resources, structure and motivation is always to your advantage. Look at how many successful people out there have their own coach. Why shouldn’t you? I will strongly suggest this however, many coaches go at their own pace and if you join a program of theirs and you are a dinosaur, chances are you will fall behind. Find a coach who will give you personal service and go at YOUR pace, not theirs.
These are just a few of the ways a ‘dinosaur’ can thrive in business. It’s possible and it’s done all the time. What you want to do is trust yourself if you feel inclined to build a business and trust that there is a way to get there in spite of your limitations. Just so you know; we ALL have limitations. A good business person typically does not do it ALL anyway. We don’t call them a dinosaur, we call them SMART! So get smart and let someone else help you shine.
Fran Asaro is the founder of Thrive Any Way Personal and Business Coaching. Helping entrepreneurs thrive in all areas of their lives. Contact Fran at Fran@thriveanyway.com or go to www.thriveanyway.com
Read Full Post »
Posted in Affirmations, empowerment, Relationship, tagged dating, empowerent, law of attraction, love, love life, manifesting, partner, relationship, starting over on September 7, 2015|
Leave a Comment »
I‘ll never do that again!
Sound familiar? Often when we leave a relationship it’s because it was unfulfilling at some level. What did we do to attract this? Well, if you have made less then desirable choices up until now, relax, there’s hope.
When we retrain our thoughts to go in the direction of manifesting powerfully, we get the results we want. And we won’t settle for less because we are also training ourselves that we deserve more satisfying partners.
I created Relationship Groundwork to fill in the gaps during the awkward period between relationships. We don’t know whether to start dating or work on ourselves. At the very least, listen to these 200 very empowering and deliberate affirmations to help you truly align with what you want in a mate.
Are you ready for love like you’ve never had? Then be the cause of it by shifting your thoughts from ‘there’s no good ones out there’ to ‘I deserve the best and attract the best’. Imagine what it would feel like to begin thinking in the direction of worthiness and possibility? Imagine waking up each day declaring that your partner is one step closer to being in your life.
Only thoughts that move in the direction you want to go will produce the results you want to produce. Read that last sentence again and again. I teach ‘direction of thought’ to my coaching clients to help them produce miraculous results too. Only it’s not so much miraculous as it is intentional and deliberate thinking.
Not everyone knows how to do this type of thinking so I’ve made it easy for you to start and learn the technique with this Free and powerful download Relationship Groundwork – 200 Affirmations to Prepare for Your Next Relationship. Download yours today and start moving in the direction of these new thoughts and receive the love you so rightly deserve.
Click here for your copy today and enjoy your new and wonderful experience.
YES, Please send me my download ‘Relationship Groundwork – 200 Affirmations to Prepare for Your Next Relationship’
Read Full Post »
Posted in Affirmations, Audio Blog, empowerment, tagged affirmations, brain, change your thought, happy, negativity, optimism, optimist, Overwhelm, pessimist, positive, retrain, thoughts on April 21, 2015|
Leave a Comment »
I once heard that we listen to what we hear. We process it and our lives are a reflection of what we hear from others and ourselves. I tested this out once when I recorded my own voice saying things I wanted to hear. I began to feel different as the words penetrated my mind. I have since assigned this exercise to many of my coaching clients with much success. However, not everyone is ready to record their own voice for various reasons, with the most common being, they don’t like the sound of it.
So, I created this MP3 because like many people, life gets filled with negativity and even I need to hear positive thoughts. I recorded 300 affirmations to cover many facets of life to bring new perspectives into all areas.
I truly believe that we can change our thought process by retraining what we allow ourselves to hear and how frequently we hear it. I listened to this mp3 over and over until I felt better. I hope you enjoy this and it makes a difference for you as well. I have also included a downloadable document that you can read along with the audio and maybe one day, you will use it as a template to make your own recording. Enjoy this free download. Click here to order it.
Yes Send me my 300 Affirmations for a Positive Life
Read Full Post »
Can you be gentle and still be successful? Can you be kind, patient, thoughtful and full of integrity while moving up the ladder of life? I do believe it’s the way of the future.
As we become more adverse to hard sales, domination, intimidation, bullying, and just plain power struggles, it’s nice to know that there are those who are doing it another way.
If you have been affected by the harshness of your environment, know that there are those who support a quieter and gentler path to greatness. Yes, there are MANY who have reached mega success following a less stressful path.
For today, observe those in your industry, your social environment, spiritual community and any other circle you are in to look for the gentle giant. You may not have noticed them before, but now that you know they exist, you will see them. If this way of being appeals to you, try it on for size. At the very least, it will feel much more comfortable.
If you are ready to move beyond your obstacles and back to your vision call Fran for a complimentary session and get a feel for Gentle Coaching.
Fran Asaro is the founder of Thrive Any Way Personal and Business Coaching
Read Full Post »
Posted in empowerment, self esteem, Thrive, tagged child, Empowerment, encouragement, Fran Asaro, life coach, life lessons, self expression, shildren, thrive on July 15, 2011|
1 Comment »
[tweetmeme]I know of a woman who allows her children to write on the walls of her home. When I questioned this she explained that she didn’t want to thwart their creativity and full self expression.
Being from a wonderful albeit structured family environment I had a hard time imagining myself condoning this exercise. I am a Life coach for goodness sake. I encourage my clients to live out loud and live a life by design – their own design. Wouldn’t that be the case for children too? So which is it then? Provide structure and strong guidance or support the ‘anything goes’ attitude?
Someone else I know feels that she was a square peg forced to fit into a round hole during her childhood. She wanted to dance and they asked her to sit and behave. She brought home animals and they asked her to stop. She thought differently from the rest, and they demanded she conform. Now in her late 50’s finds it difficult to stretch herself beyond her comfort zone and realize her visions.
I remember at 10 years old sitting next to a woman at a wedding. I had never met her and yet she spent a lot of time talking to me as if I was an adult. She looked in my eyes; She asked me open ended questions and made me feel like a star. I am eternally grateful to what she gifted me that day and have thought of her fondly ever since. I have also made it a point to do the same to other children.
Where in your childhood did someone profoundly impact who you are today?
Being a part of the growth of any child is an honorable task. What a gift to be able to support the individuality and identity of another. I suggest we step up a bit and see what we can do today to make a difference in a child’s life. Where can you challenge them to do something unique, say something they’ve never said, experience something they haven’t yet experienced? We may never know the impact that act has on them for life, however, I venture to think they will never be the same because of it. Dare yourself to be alive and kicking and pass that on to someone else.
Hmmm, I wonder, if my clients had the opportunity to draw on a wall or dance in the rain if they would have needed to come to me to learn how to live out loud!
Fran Asaro is the CEO and founder of Thrive Any Way Personal and Business Coaching. For more information go to www.thriveanyway.com or call 828-FOR FRAN (828-367-3762)
Read Full Post »
Posted in Coach, empowerment, Perseverance, Relationship, Thought Provoking, tagged choice, Coach, Fran Asaro, life coach, painful relationship, problem relationship, relationship, severing relationship, thrive anyway on June 3, 2011|
3 Comments »
[tweetmeme]Often we find ourselves in a relationship that tugs at our patience. Whether it is due to incompatibility, intolerance, control or disrespect, some people sit uncomfortably with us or downright annoy us.
I remembering hearing for years how important it was to sever such relationships for self preservation. It was a way to relieve ourselves of all the discomfort. While at some level it made sense and still does, eventually you might find yourself disconnecting or running from anyone and anything that challenges you. In time, some of us begin to feel as though all we do is end relationships and wonder if severing is the only answer. Is that you?
There are times when we can’t or no longer want to cut the cord with others. This could be because they are family or co-workers, colleagues or friends. Whatever the reason, you are not willing or able to separate yourself from them. What do you do then? Stay miserable every time you are in their company?
There is another way. It may not be as easy as cutting them off, however, it could restore your sanity when cord cutting is not an option. Severing the AFFECT that others have on you keeps you in the driver’s seat of your life. Let’s face it; people will always get your goat. They will say and do things that annoy you, they will run you off the road, they will be embarrassing to be around and they will suck all of your energy. You can’t kill them all off. So the next best thing – maybe even the most self empowering action – is to release the affect they have on you.
Easier said then done? Yes, it takes practice and intention to carry this out. Once you commit to protecting your own boundaries emotionally and physically, others will no longer have the same impact on you as they once did. People can only affect you when you allow them to infringe on your personal boundary. When you stand strong on what you will and will not let into your own thoughts, feelings and physical self, you become the keeper of your mood, your power and your sense of well being.
Options – sometimes that’s all we need to know in order to feel better in these situations. Knowing that we can choose to sever or not provides a sense of relief. So, the next time you are feeling completely affected by someone else and severing is not possible, know you have one more resource. Know that you are in charge of your boundaries. Know that you can learn to rise above and even beyond the impact others have on you and your world.
For more information about working with Fran Asaro click here
Read Full Post »